Jim Hinkle is the American Party candidate running to become South Carolina’s next US Senator. Jim wants to see his grandchildren have a brighter future, and this site was created to share with you Jim’s story, and more importantly his positions on the key issues faced by our nation…and his ideas about how to address them.
Why Jim is Running for Senate, and What He Believes In:
When someone becomes aware of a third party candidate the same general thoughts come to mind. “Third parties have a history of failure. They can’t win. They take votes away from the right party and the wrong party wins. You are wasting your time running for office and I am not wasting my vote on you.” Sound familiar? However, look at the alternative. Voting for a major party candidate is a vote for the status quo, continual gridlock, polarization, and deeper entrenchment of career politicians. A senator should go to Washington with a positive agenda to solve problems and work with others who may have a different point of view.
- Graduated from the University of Miami in 1963 with a BA degree in Political Science.
- Retired after 32 years working as a civilian for the Department of Defense in Warren Michigan. Positions included Contract specialist, Contracting officer, staff officer providing acquisition support in the project manager’s office for the Bradley Fighting vehicle.
- From 1997 to 2004 provided small business defense contractors with assistance in contract administration with customers such as the US Army and the Israeli Defense forces.
Hobbies, Interests and Activities:
- Founder of the American Party chapter in Beaufort County
- Long history of writing letters and political opinions in various newspapers and publicans.
- Volunteer support for the Boys and girls club of Bluffton SC and former volunteer with Habitat for Humanity in Beaufort South Carolina
- Active participant of the music guild of Sun City with the barbershop group.
- Participate with continuing education classes for seniors at the University of South Carolina Beaufort campus.